For a startup in Cairo, Egypt that specializes in various IT services, a public relations specialist is required in building and maintaining the businesses’ brand and network.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups.
- Planning or directing the development of programs to maintain favorable public and stockholder views of the organization’s agenda and accomplishments.
- Coaching client representatives in effective communication with the public and employees.
- Studying the organization’s objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote products, ideas, and services.
- Preparing and editing organizational publications, including employee newsletters or stockholders’ reports, for internal and external audiences.
- Coordinating in updating and maintaining Web content.
- Conferring with managers to identify trends and group interests and providing advice on business decisions.
- Participate in planning and organizing of event.
- Bachelor degree in journalism, PR, marketing or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pitch to media.
- Knowledge of consumer marketing.
- An ability to work on big strategy plans as well as day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
- Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets.
- Understanding of social media and solid experience working with bloggers.
- Project and budget management skills is highly desirable.
- Quick and enthusiastic learner.
- Be able to travel inside/outside Egypt if required.
- Self coach and be able to work in a startup environment.